Our team is so excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! We have missed seeing you and we have missed the dentistry that we love!
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and sterilization protocols that have exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we want to let you know about some additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
First, you will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
Please call or text our office (952) 746-0225 when you arrive. We are asking that you kindly wait in your car until your treatment room is ready; we will let you know via call or text when we are ready for you to come into the office. Please use the sanitizing station upon your entry to the office. We will also take your temperature upon arrival and repeat the health screening questions.
- We have removed reception area books and our beverage station at this time.
- We ask that ALL patients wear a mask upon entering the office.
- Oral pre-rinse for all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Longer appointment times for you so our team can prepare and complete all additional appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Ambient air management with H13 HEPA air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures with fogging devices to access hard to reach places.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields, gowns, and masks for our team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Use of protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Record the temperature and do symptom check of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
Please be patient as you are calling to schedule your next appointment – your dental care is extremely important to us! We will work hard to see you as soon as we can. Due to our lengthy closure, we are prioritizing our patients with more urgent dental needs first. This may mean you may not be able to schedule your appointment in the timeframe you are accustomed to, but we thank you in advance for your understanding.
While we aren’t sure how long these changes will last, we thank you for your support and patience as we all navigate this new normal together to deliver the high quality, personalized dental care you have always expected from our office.
If you are on social media, please follow our Instagram and Facebook pages for the most current updates.
We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Dr. Bridget Lervick and the Grandview Center for Dentistry team